Monday, January 26, 2015

Flax Muffins

Going gluten-light has been interesting, to say the least. There are times that I just want to sink my teeth into something soft, moist, sweet and chewy (ok, so sometimes I do :)).  But, these muffins are the best, and I mean BEST bread-like gluten free alternative we have found!  And they are simple and quick, did I fail to mention that?  1 minute in the microwave and you can have "bread" in a bowl. Amazing! I hope you give it a try, because I'm certain you will enjoy it!

Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl. (you can use a smaller bowl like a custard cup, you will just get a smaller muffin)

1/4 c. Ground Flax
1/4 t. Baking Powder
1 Egg
Dash of:
Vanilla (1/2 t)
Cinnamon (1/4 t.)
Oil (coconut, olive, etc) (1 t. - 1 1/2 t.)
Honey/Agave (1/2t. - 1t.)

Stir all ingredients till well combined and microwave for about 1 minute. My microwave is a smaller/lighter type, so I need to cook for 1 min and 30 seconds. Adjust the time for your power/speed of microwave.

We love our topped with Peanut Butter, Yogurt, Apple Sauce, Jam....the sky's the limit!
Additions are also fun. We have added mashed banana, coco powder, blueberries...experiment and enjoy!

I have not tried this, but my mom has 6x the recipe and cooked it in a 8x8 pan at 375* for about 30 minutes (check at 20 minutes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment