Thursday, January 1, 2015

Peanut Butter Cake (flourless and dairy free!)

I don't think that this cake needs much for an introduction or selling speech - it pretty much sells itself being dairy and gluten free (naturally). It takes only about 5-10 minutes to whip up and then only 20-30 to cook! So, pretty much it's a cinch :)

Try making it and see for yourself!

1 c. Peanut Butter (I used creamy, but I'm sure any type will work)
1/2 c. Honey
1 Egg
1 Banana (mashed)
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Vanilla
1/4-1/2 t. Almond Extract (or use more vanilla and omit the almond) 

Blend together thoroughly (I use my immersion blender). Pour into a greased 7x7 pan. Bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes.

Enjoy! It's delightful!

Variations:
Dash of cinnamon (1/2 t.)
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top or into the batter

I can not take credit for this recipe, it was passed to me from one of my sisters - to her we are ever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment