Friday, October 12, 2012

A Good Ol' Favorite

Dump Cake - it has the worst name, but the best flavor. Yesterday I was trying to think of something quick I could bring to Bible study. A couple days ago I was telling Denver about dump cake and questioning if it could be made in the crock pot. Anyway - it has been on my mind ever since then.  So yesterday I figured it would be a quick easy dessert. I called up our pastor's wife and asked her if I could bake it at her house (since study is there anyway). She kindly said yes and I whipped it up and brought it over.

Since it is quick enough to literally "whip" up and is transportable enough to bring pre-baked over to the other side of town, I figured it earned a spot of recognition on the blog :) Plus the rave reviews last night. It's so easy I almost feel bad about all the compliments.

So here's the recipe:
1 can chunk pineapple (with the juice)
1 can cherry pie filling
1 yellow cake mix (I had a white cake in my cupboard and it turned out just fine)
1 cup of butter (cut into "tabs")
nuts and coconut to sprinkle on top

It's this easy. Add the ingredients into a greased 9x13 pan in the order given. Spread the pineapple and pie filling out evenly across the bottom. Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the fruit. Place the cut butter over the cake mix evenly. Sprinkle nuts and coconut on the top. Done!

Bake at 350* for 1 hr

Here's what was left over after Bible study last night :)


No comments:

Post a Comment