Friday, October 12, 2012

Painting Project

The white walls and cupboards and doors, window trim, (everything)...was needing to change. Denver and I gathered paint samples at every hardware store we visited and started our own little collection :)
Earlier this week we decided on two colors: one for under the peninsula counter and another color for around the door that goes upstairs. When I brought the color samples in they were able to mix the darker color perfectly. But the lighter color they couldn't get right and it turned out even lighter than the sample (Denver said it looked like a baby nursery color).

So we started with priming and painted the spot under the counter
Before:





After:


 Here is the light yellow for the door:
It doesn't look very light in this picture, but it is a light lemony color

And how I "fixed" the situation :) I just used the darker color.

Then I thought our kitchen needed some accents of yellow in it... and painted a vase


I feel like I could be likened to the mouse in the book When You Give A Mouse A Cookie ...only my day/book is titled When You Give A Girl Paint & A Paintbrush :) catchy title,  huh? Off to do more painting - only this time with acrylics and watercolor!


No comments:

Post a Comment